Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hyundai Service in Dallas

With our newly acquired dealership comes a lot of newly acquired duties for me. I am learning how to successfully market a service and parts department. This is a first for me!

What I've learned thus far is that advertising for the service department is a lot different than advertising the fabulous Used SUVs or New Hyundais that I'm used to. At our Dallas Hyundai Dealership we sell vehicles to many families that are not necessarily in our target market. For example, we sell Sonatas, Genesis Coupes, Santa Fes and Azeras well outside of where we should be selling them. Many customers from Plano, Oklahoma and more come to buy vehicles from us. It is pretty difficult to get someone from Louisiana to drive all the way back to our store just to get their oil changed or a car wash. So, I've had to stick with the super competitive metroplex marketplace to find my service customer base. 

The first thing I looked at was the obvious: Price. Do we have the most competitive prices available? Are we less expensive than Wal-Mart on at least some service repairs or maintenance? What do the other Hyundai Dealers offer? Hands down, this was an easy one. At Bob Stallings Hyundai, your first maintenance is FREE! That's right, not discounted...completely free!
  • FIRST MAINTENANCE FREE*

    Includes: First complementary Hyundai multi-point inspection on any new Hyundai. Which is a 27 point inspection recommended by Hyundai and also a complementary first oil and filter service.Must be within the first 7500 miles as recommended by Hyundai. Please see dealer for details.
    *Please see dealer for details. Some restrictions may apply.




The second thing I studied was the actual Service Department. Do we have a place that customers, specifically women would enjoy coming to? Do we perform absolutely excellent work and explain everything to our customers to the best of our ability? This was a bit tricky for me to figure out. Yes, the place is clean, the coffee is pretty good and we give free donuts. But, do we know how to change a flux capacitor? Is that even a real part? :) I studied our reviews and found that at least one woman was happy enough with our department! Read the review here 

The last thing I studied was my competitors service marketing campaigns. They are nearly non-existent within the Hyundai Dealer Community. However, the independent service places advertise the dog snot out of their services! So, I'm working on doing my own market-research. Do you ever search in the digital world about the price of an oil change? When you get Service Coupons in the mail, do you toss them or use them or lose them? What are your ideas on how to market my service department?

Contact us for your FIRST Free Service on your New Hyundai in Dallas now! Click here! 

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you, these dealerships have zero marketing plans in place and then wonder why sales stick in the summer. Our location has a solid plan in place and we see steady sales all year. The key is planning, and when you have that plan in place for all employees to see, everything tends to work out in the end.

    Martin @ Fiesta Hyundai

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Please follow me!