Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How to be a Dallas Car Wife in a Nutshell: The 4 Basics



How to be  a Dallas Car Wife in a Nutshell: The 4 Basics

When I first began dating Marcus I learned just about all I need to know about how to be a car wife. Wives are judged on the following: How well you raise your children (since you're nearly on your own), how often you complain about the long hours that your husband works, the type of watch that you wear and the type of car that you drive.
The type of car that a "car wife" drives will just about make or break your husband as he tries to gain success in the car business. If you drive a minivan then either you're too wholesome to be a Car Wife or, your husband isn't successful. If you're viewed as too wholesome, the boss will assume that your husand can't make it in the cuthroat car world. Ditto the watch...Not too flashy, not too cheap!

So, let me tell you how I met my husband: he was the manager on my car deal when I bought a minivan. About a year later we began dating and I promptly had to trade my mad mom minivan mobile in for a sedan. By that time, I woudn't have been caught dead driving the van anyway. The glamour of the car business started around that same time: I dreamt of being the "have it all" woman with a luxurious and sleek car.

Who would have ever have thought that in  years I would not only be a real Car Wife but, that I'd also be running a successful car dealership?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Please follow me!