Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beach Volleyball Bikinis are truly Serving...?

This Dallas Car Wife is crying foul! I'm ready to bump, set, and spike this ridiculous notion out of here!

According to Peter Schrager's article "Bikinis serve greater purpose at Games" on FoxSports.com Volleyball bikinis support women's bodies better. This is the most ridiculous thesis I've ever heard of.

Let's draw a line in the sand...Being a Gen X/Y, my first realization that volleyball was supposed to be a sexy sport was in Top Gun. Any red-blooded American female will fondly remember the scene. Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise shirtless, jumping, sweating and displaying lots of testosterone. Volleyball, including Olympic Volleyball, is played in the sand at the beach. What to Americans wear at the beach? Less clothes, bikinis and bathing suits. Being sexy goes with the sport....

I am not so presumptious to believe that bikinis and sports bras are not supportive. I realize that technology has brought "over the shoulder boulder holders" a long, long way. But, if volleyball designers like Oakley can design sport bra bikinis to be supportive, they can design shirts and shorts to support also.

Ashley Judd and I don't agree on much but, I do believe that women are being over-sexualized. ! I applaud the London 2012 Olympic Committee for at least allowing tanks and shorts to be worn. Making volleyball a nearly-naked sport is designed to earn tv ratings and help the industry to make more money. Let's just all tell truth!

This was  not at all about cars today. Just Lindsey the wife and mother talking. If you'd like to read my latest Car Blog called Luxury Vehicles Carrollton click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Please follow me!