Thursday, March 29, 2012

Women Swoon for Ugly Guys in Luxury Cars?

I just finished another blog for our dealership website entitled Driving the Future of Car Buying.  I am always looking for interesting blog topics to help market our website and inventory online. While doing some research this week, I came across a Men's Health Article explaining to men how to feel better about themselves. I re-marketed the article for our dealership, the leading used luxury car dealer in Dallas.

Watches, Cars and Vacations...all part of the Good Life, Guaranteed


I had to give myself a pat on the back. Do you recall in my first blog of the Dallas Car Wife, I talked about how Car Wives are judged on their watches and cars? To refresh your memory, you can read my original posting here  on how to be a Dallas Car Wife in a Nutshell. 

Well, apparently Men's Health agrees with the watches and cars being equated to happiness, luxury and success. I suppose this isn't the most novel of ideas. However, I do get a chuckle out of the quoted study where women immediately find a man better looking if he's driving a nice car. 
"On the other hand, a luxury car can make you seem more handsome. It's true! When women in a British study were shown a photo of a man in a luxury car and then another shot of the same guy in an econobox, they thought he looked better in the luxury car. The real benefit, however, may lie in your own perceptions once you climb behind the wheel. Makers of premium autos fold in design and technology features—sound dampening, smooth acceleration—that conspire to influence how you see yourself, says Sven Beiker, Ph.D., executive director of the center for automotive research at Stanford University. "It makes you want to fulfill the image," he says. "You may actually feel pressure to live up to the status of your car."

Read more at Men's Health: http://www.menshealth.com/fiscally-fit-man/good-life-guaranteed#ixzz1qXSRwX19


Ladies, do you find this to be true? I would say mostly yes! Prior to becoming a Car Wife, I did fall victim to this type of thinking. I equated a luxury car to security, sexiness and fun. However, now that I spend my day around so many "car guys" who drive luxury cars, I know the latter equation is far from true. I'd like to have an honest discussion about this! Feel free to comment!

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera in stock, in Dallas. It's an automatic which makes it VERY PRACTICAL FOR all Dallas Wives...not just Car Wives!!



This is one of the cars that's on my bucket list for sure. The great thing about an automatic Porsche 911 is that you can have all the fun without all of the work. Everyone knows that's one of my mottos right? The best way to trick your husband into buying one of these would be to tell him HE should buy it for himself! You could always explain to him the aforementioned article on how you, as his wife, would find him incredibly sexy if he owned a car like this. Rates as low as 2.24% wac! Apply here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Please follow me!